College Admissions Seminars
Demystifying the College Application Process
Sunday, February 12, 2017. Charlotte, NC
The goal of the COLLEGE ADMISSIONS 101 event is to ‘kick start’ the education of parents and students with a concentrated three hour presentation of seminars which are customized to their needs. These college information sessions educate participants on “all you need to know about the college admissions process but were afraid, or more likely unaware of, to ask”.
The COLLEGE ADMISSIONS 101 experience allows each person to choose four seminars from a choice of, at least, nine subject areas. The admission price allows up to four family members to attend so, if you play your cards right, your family can participate in every seminar presentation! The topics include courses on how colleges make admissions decisions, financial aid and scholarships, determining which college is right for you, writing a college essay, and many more.
We invite you to come join us as we support you through the navigation of the college application process. You will learn the “dos and don’ts” of college admissions from some of the best experts in the field.
The best regional admissions professionals present one hour seminars. Past seminar panels have included:
- Behind the Scenes of the Application Process Identifying and coordinating the many moving parts
- Writing a College Admissions Essay How to write your best essay and pitfalls to avoid
- Advice From the Best Source A panel of high school seniors talk about their application process and more
- Testing…1…2…3 SAT and ACT tips and strategies
- Think Summer! One of the best ways to set yourself apart from the crowd
- Which College is Right for You? Determining your best college fit
- How To Get the Most From Your Guidance Counselor Straight talk from a panel of guidance counselors
- How Colleges Make Admissions Decisions The inside scoop from a veteran college admissions department chairman
- Resume Building Blocks What colleges are looking for and setting yourself apart
- I Got In! (Now How Do I Pay?) Learn about financial aid and scholarships from the experts
- The Most Common Mistakes Applicants Make and… How to avoid them